Student Favorites/Recommendations

Land of Stories by Chris Colfer

Land of Stories by Chris Colfer is an amazing series. I first read it in 3rd grade for a project and I loved it. It tells about two twins who fall into a book their Grandma gave them and they’re in the fairy tale world but it’s not as it seems. The characters are all messed up in their own ways. They get lost until they’re found by a frog named froggy. And then they try to get the wishing spell to get out. They have to collect these different ingredients from different kingdoms (which are basically different stories). Anyways it’s a great book series and I have every book.

I would recommend it to anyone who loves fantasy or fairy tales. It’s basically those two genres smashed together and I love it.

D.R.

Monster by Kate Connolly

This book had everything, the words the described the situation, betrayal, emotion. It was amazing. As soon as I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. It’s cliche but as soon as I found a stopping point I went back to it with an unstable like urge. Whenever someone asks me what my favorite book is I’ve always answered this, it’s full of fantasy, love, betrayal, and sacrifice. You sympathize with the main character and her struggles, and yearn to reach in the book and make it you’re own story.

Children, adults, maybe not toddlers haha. It’s so enthralling, I don’t see how anyone wouldn’t find it amazing. I would definitely think teenagers would find it more relatable/entertaining.

Monstrous by Kate Connolly

L.W.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

This book shows how women can be very powerful even in the old days when they didn’t have any respect. It’s a good read and you really connect with the characters the further into the book you get.

L.F.

Forged by Fire By Sharon Draper

I loved this book because it had a great story line and was very interesting. Most books I read, I have trouble getting into but I feel like with this book, I knew everything that was going on. It was so good that I ended up reading the other novels

I would recommend this book to someone who loves adventure and loves high school drama.

C. A.