Student Favorites/Recommendations

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
I loved this book because I feel it had a great representation of teenagers and the way they think. I enjoyed how the author created such an intricate word with even a different language than ones that exist in our world. I also enjoyed how the author went about bringing six unique teenagers together to commit a heist to benefit each of them in a different way. I recommend this book because it is very enthralling and entertaining. It will make you want to read further and further as it is told in six different POVs. It also is rather humorous even when it takes a serious turn. It definitely furthered my immense love of reading and writing.
Wonder by R. J. Palacio
I liked the book because it was a true story. I like the boy because he overcame a lot of obstacles. I like that his mom took such good care of him. I’m glad he had a good friend there. I would recommend this book because I think other children would like it because it is a true story.

It Ends with Us + It Starts with Us by Colleen Hoover

I love romance books and I loved how this book was realistic when it came to relationships. The book features the main girl’s husband. He was abusive and as bad as this might sound, I liked how it showed how she felt every time she was around him. This book is just really emotional is good and bad ways.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

This book is my comfort book. I have read it at LEAST 17 times front to back. All of the characters are relatable and have great personalities. I have all of the songs at least partially memorized. Whenever I’m feeling sad or just out of it I read The Hobbit. I could not ask for a better book. I would recommend this book to anybody. Whoever reads it can relate to it in some way, shape, or form. From the scarcity of Bilbo Baggins, to the Bravery of the dwarves there is always a reason to read it.

Land of Stories by Chris Colfer

Land of Stories by Chris Colfer is an amazing series. I first read it in 3rd grade for a project and I loved it. It tells about two twins who fall into a book their Grandma gave them and they’re in the fairy tale world but it’s not as it seems. The characters are all messed up in their own ways. They get lost until they’re found by a frog named froggy. And then they try to get the wishing spell to get out. They have to collect these different ingredients from different kingdoms (which are basically different stories). Anyways it’s a great book series and I have every book.

I would recommend it to anyone who loves fantasy or fairy tales. It’s basically those two genres smashed together and I love it.

D.R.

Monster by Kate Connolly

This book had everything, the words the described the situation, betrayal, emotion. It was amazing. As soon as I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. It’s cliche but as soon as I found a stopping point I went back to it with an unstable like urge. Whenever someone asks me what my favorite book is I’ve always answered this, it’s full of fantasy, love, betrayal, and sacrifice. You sympathize with the main character and her struggles, and yearn to reach in the book and make it you’re own story.

Children, adults, maybe not toddlers haha. It’s so enthralling, I don’t see how anyone wouldn’t find it amazing. I would definitely think teenagers would find it more relatable/entertaining.

Monstrous by Kate Connolly

L.W.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

This book shows how women can be very powerful even in the old days when they didn’t have any respect. It’s a good read and you really connect with the characters the further into the book you get.

L.F.

Forged by Fire By Sharon Draper

I loved this book because it had a great story line and was very interesting. Most books I read, I have trouble getting into but I feel like with this book, I knew everything that was going on. It was so good that I ended up reading the other novels

I would recommend this book to someone who loves adventure and loves high school drama.

C. A.